We all want to look beautiful, with a glowing radiant skin. But most of us have resigned to the fact that our skin is less than perfect. Maybelline's Global Make-up Director, Yadim has been very busy giving the New York backstage circuit impeccably glowing skin. Working his magic at DKNY, Theory and Opening Ceremony (and that's all by day 2) he's predicting that highlight will be big on the agenda for s/s 2015.
Naturally, we wanted in on the action so we asked him for some expert tips on how to master perfect highlighting; glowing skin guaranteed.
1. 'I personally prefer to use cream highlighter over powder, it sinks into the skin much easier and blends effortlessly for a natural, dewy glow.'
2. 'Use your fingertips to apply instead of brushes or sponges. Warm up a small amount with your fingers and press it onto your skin, so it blends in seamlessly.
3. 'Choose the most flattering shade for your skintone. If you're fair choose a highlighter with pinkish undertones to brighten up your skin. For olive and darker skin tones, opt for one with golden and yellowy accents.
4. 'Learn about placement. Apply onto the high planes of your face, anywhere that's more pronounced. The most important area is the C-plane, from the top of your cheekbones to your brow bone. Also apply it on the bridge of your nose (not on the end!) and in the corners of your eyes and Cupid's bow.'
5. We also suggest you to take care of the skin during night, so practicing a night care regime is a must to get a radiant skin. Cleanse your face properly before going to bed and apply a good quality night cream or serum to help the skin heal itself at night. You could achieve a good and healthy skin by including fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet to give the benefits of essential vitamins and minerals.
Looking for the right beauty products, which will make your skin radiant and glowing? Fill out your Beauty Profile and join The Explorer Program to get the best products on the market based on your preferences and skin type!
Hey, why don't you check out our new video Bye, bye wrinkles! Hello glowing skin! to see one of product lines for healthy and beautiful skin over the age of 30.